Live....Laugh....Love

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Should I Be Worried?

This morning was going as usual. Feed chickens in the chicken tractor first, check for eggs there. I found one nice warm green egg. Next ducklings, I let them out of the carrier and talk to them a little. Then down to the old chicken coop to let the rooster and two mean (mean to other chickens not people) barred rock hens out and feed them. I opened up the coop to see if there were any eggs in the nests. Instead of finding an egg in a nest, I found an egg splatted on the floor below the roost. This is a new one for me. We have had chickens for about 5 years and this is the first time its happened. By the way the hens are about two years old and  not new to laying eggs.

Should I be worried?  Has this happened to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.