Live....Laugh....Love

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Purple Potato Salad

I have been craving potato salad. So I decided to use the purple potatoes I dug up a few days ago. I also wanted to try putting my pickled eggs in a salad. After washing and inspecting my potatoes, I decided I would peel them first. I really thought they would turn my hands purple but, it did not.

Here are the potatoes peeled and cut up. I put them on the stove to boil with a little salt.  When I went back to check to see if the were done, you will never guess what I saw.

GREEN WATER!! Yes, the purple potatoes turned the water green. How weird is that?

The potatoes lost some of their color but they are still purplish.

After cooling the potatoes in cold water, I put them in a bowl with chopped pickled eggs, pickled peppers, pickles, green onions, and celery. I gently mixed everything together. Next add several big scoops of mayo, some mustard, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Again gently mixed. Then I tasted it. I decided it had too much of a vinegar bite so, I added a little sugar. That did the trick.

I think it turned out good. These potatoes seem to be denser than most so they hold up well to mixing. The true test will be what my husband thinks of it tonight at dinner.


       



1 comment:

It is always nice to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.