Live....Laugh....Love

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall is Definitely in the Air

It seems the animals are putting themselves to bed earlier and earlier each night. I can't walk anywhere now without going through at least one or two spider webs. Good thing I'm not afraid of spiders and we only have one poisonous spiders here. They are rare and hide in wood piles.


In the garden the sunflowers a looking beautiful. Some of them are over nine feet tall. I planted several varieties. I love the many different shades of yellow they produced.


My pumpkins are finally growing. I hope by the end of October they will be ready to be made into jack-o-lanterns.


I harvested the rest of my potatoes. They are mostly red potatoes. One is big enough to feed the four of us. I dug up small, medium, large and extra large potatoes.


It feels like my canner is going nonstop. I'm canning tomato sauce and pasta sauces with roasted vegetables.



Although my first clue fall was in the air was school started and I had to go back to work. No more playtime with the garden and animals. It's work from sunup to sundown until winter comes.

                                Rural Thursday Blog Hop




3 comments:

  1. Your coop is creative and cute... I know what you mean about work from sunrise to sunset (I'm a school bus driver)... love those pretty sunflowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of images of your day in these shorter days, Shannon.

    My chickens (and geese, guinea, duck) are not going in as early as I would hope. Night owls I guess. Lol.

    Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your pics. Love your coop. I also love Fall but it seemed to sneak up on me this year. B

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.