Live....Laugh....Love

Saturday, June 4, 2016

FIRST HARVEST OF THE SEASON

Basil from my greenhouse.
This is sweet basil and mammoth basil. I made the first of  many batches of pesto I will make this summer. 
I don't use a recipe or measure anything when I make pesto. I just start adding until I think it looks good. I don't always add the same ingredients, either. In this batch I have basil, garlic, toasted almonds, shredded parmesan cheese, salt, and olive oil. Then I put a lid on and put it in the freezer. These 4oz. jars make the perfect serving size.

Linked to:

Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Simply Natural Saturdays
Happiness Is Homemade
FAMILY JOY BLOG LINK UP PARTY #20
Clever chicks blog hop


6 comments:

  1. I love pesto, and homemade right from your garden. Looks delish! Thanks for linking up at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for stopping by. I used some store bought pesto (only because I ran out of my frozen pesto) and it wasn't very good.

      Delete
  2. Yummy. Pesto always makes a dish taste more refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I agree and it is the only way I can get my daughter to eat hot pasta.

      Delete
  3. This looks great! I am growing my own basil plants, but the leaves are yellow. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

    -AnchoredinSweets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know basil doesn't need as much water as most plants so I only water mine when the soil is real dry. Too much water can make the leaves yellow.

      Delete

It is always nice to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.