Start off by roasting poblano pepper, green peppers, and tomatillos in oven under low broiler.
When all sides are done take out and cover with a foil for 10 minutes.
Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
Empty into a large pot, heat until hot, stir continually.
Ladle in to hot jars, top with warmed lids and rings. Process in a boiling bath for 20 minutes.
I made a double batch and ended up with four half pints and three 12oz jars of salsa.
Roasted Pepper Salsa Verde
2 green bell peppers
2 poblano peppers
1 jalapeno pepper
6-8 cloves garlic
6 large green onions
1 bunch of cilantro
1/2 lime juice and zest
1. Rinse green peppers and poblano peppers place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Husk and rinse tomatillos place on baking sheet in a single layer.
2. Place baking sheet on middle rack of oven. Turn broiler on low.(Or if you are good at watching it, you could use high) Broil until all sides are brown and blistered.
3. Remove from oven and cover with foil for 10 minutes.
4. Place tomatillos in food processor. Remove core and seeds from green and poblano peppers. Cut into about four big chunks, put into food processor.
5. Trim green onions cut into thirds, cut cilantro into thirds and add both to the food processor. Add garlic and lime juice/zest. Cut strips off jalapeno pepper and add to food processor. (Depending on how hot you want it to be, add no seeds or all seeds or somewhere in between, that is up to you.) Sprinkle in one teaspoon of salt.
6. Close and turn on food processor. Process until everything is mixed and chopped up very fine. Taste you may want to add more garlic and/or salt.
1. Have lids, jars and boiling bath canner all hot and ready.
2. Empty salsa verde into a large pot, heat on high until hot.
3. Ladle into hot jars, add lids, hand tighten rings and place in boiling bath.
4. When water reaches 200 degrees process half pints for 20 minutes.
5. Immediately remove jars and let cool.