Live....Laugh....Love

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Leeks

I had to thin my leeks yesterday. I think I waited a little to long to do this. Oh well.

This is half of what I got. I couldn't see just throwing them away. So I'm trying three different ways to preserve them.

First the white and little green part you are suppose to eat. I cut them up like normal and soaked them in water.

Then I sauteed them in butter and put them in a mini muffin tin to freeze.

Now for the green part that most people don't eat. I read that if they are dried or blanched then frozen you can use them in soups. So that is what I did.


I also soaked them (this is to clean them).


 This is the half I blanched and put in the freezer.


Here is the other half in the oven drying.
I will have to make soup soon and see which is best or if any of them turn out.



Raspberries

I also picked raspberries at my in-laws today.

Now it is time to make raspberry jelly! YUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.